Tuesday, January 29, 2008

QUESTIONS TO ASK IN AN INTERVIEW

  1. QUESTIONS TO ASK IN AN INTERVIEW
    Bring 3 to 6 of these with you on a sheet of paper and take notes when they respond

    1. Who are your major competitors, and how do they stack up against you in terms of product, market share, methods of marketing, and strengths and weaknesses?
    2. Tell me about the history of growth of the company.
    3. In the recent history of the company, what has been the biggest advance and what has been the biggest setback?
    4. What is your highest priority in the next six months and how could someone like me help?
    5. Tell me about a typical day.
    6. Tell me about your training program.
    7. What are the characteristics of your top people?
    8. Where do you see your company going in the next five/ten years?
    9. What are three main qualities you are looking for in a candidate?
    10. How do you see me fitting in with your company?
    11. If I were to ask your top rep what he/she likes most/least about the company, what type of responses would I get?
    12. How do I compare with other qualified applicants?
    13. Do you have any hesitations about me being successful with your company?
    14. What are your personal satisfactions and disappointments since you have been with the firm?
    15. What are the firm’s overall strengths?

No comments: